Who: Discovered at 13, the 27-year-old has led a jet-setting model’s life in New York, Hong Kong and Tokyo. An MTV VJ for six years now, she recently wrapped up filming for Discovery Travel & Living’s Passage to Malaysia, a travel show that she hosted.
Work schedule: We had very early morning calls every day between 3am and 4.30am when shooting in Malaysia. We’d film all day in the hot sun and sometimes late into the night. On some days, we’d be workign for more than 15 hours.
Problems: I have very sensitive skin that’s prone to bouts of blotchiness. It also tends to burn very quickly in the sun.
- When I’m shooting outdoors, I use IS Clinical’s SPF20 Powder Sunscreen from The Sloane Clinic. It’s translucent and protects my skin against sun damage, while keeping it matte all day. Best of all, the velvety mineral formula doesn’t clog pores and doesn’t cake on reapplication. I also use Benetint for a natural pink flush.
- For a primer, I use Skin Inc Multi-vitamin Booster, also from The Sloane Clinic. It has a lovely silky texture, keeps my face radiant and matte throughout a shoot, and gives skin a multivitamin boost. Even my makeup artist steals it from me!
- If I’m shooting in a remote location, I carry a travel-size bottle of Pro-Heal Serum from IS Clinical. Just two or three drops are all it takes to dissapate any sensitivity in a day.
- I use Skin Inc Pumpkin Enzyme Dermal Exfoliation Puree. The mask-cum-exfoliator sloughs away dead skin and keeps my face blemish-free. I only leave this on for five minutes before rinsing off, and my skin is visibly clearer and brighter immediately. I always look out for multi-functional products to save time.
- I pop into The Sloane Clinic for a Deep Red facial ($203.30) once a month, or when my skin gets blotchy. It deep cleanses skin and soothes redness. It also helps to prevent sun damage, wrinkles and pigmentation.
- To revive my fatigued skin, I go to Dr Low Chai Ling at The Sloane Clinic for the Superlift programme ($3,638 for six treatments) once every three or four weeks or after long bouts of shooting. It comprises six sessions of the light lift laser, which tightens, lifts and improves my skin tone and texture. My makeup artist always knows when I’ve gone for a treatment because my skin’s visibly firmer and more supple. I love it because there is no downtime and I can zip straight back to work.
Workout: I love boxing – it’s a great cardio workout that gets my blood pumping. I try to do it twice weekly with my trainer.
The Passage to Malaysia weekly series premieres on July 13, 9pm on Discovery Travel & Living (Starhub channel 16).
IS Clinical is availale from The Sloane Clinic, #03-01 Chevron House, tel: 6533-2522.
|Get a copy of the July 2009 issue of Female Magazine. Female published by SPH Magazines is available at all newsstands now. Check out more stories at Female online, www.femalemag.com.sg.